Dear Friends of Medical Missionaries,
We have seen desperate poverty this year. Delivering food to an elderly man in Appalachia, we saw a man who was chopping up the floorboards of his home for heat. This is just one of the sad and heartbreaking examples of the poverty our Medical Missionaries volunteers witness daily.
What a year 2020 has been with the viral pandemic, the downturn in the economy, and the multiple natural disasters. The people we help are in greater need than ever!
Despite all the calamities and challenges of the past year, because of donors like you, Medical Missionaries (MM) has successfully completed and continues to work on the following projects:
- Oversaw and supported the operation of the St Joseph Clinic in Thomassique, Haiti
- Shipped eight sea containers of medical supplies and equipment to the underdeveloped world to support healthcare infrastructure
- Delivered food (30,000 pounds), baby supplies, healthcare kits, diapers and financial assistance to the very desperate in Grundy, located in the poorest county of rural VA
- Made twelve trips delivering clothing, household goods, and hygiene products to rural Appalachian hamlets west of Elkins, West Virginia
- Distributed new clothing, hygiene kits, sporting goods, and school supplies to Native American children on reservations in South Carolina, Wisconsin, and Kansas
- Distributed healthcare supplies to local people in need, assisted living facilities, and local impoverished communities in Northern VA/DC
- Supported medical teams serving Third World countries with medical equipment and supplies
All these programs are only accomplished with your support! We invite you to visit our website to learn more about our organization and the work we do.
Please make a donation so that we can continue our efforts to help the poor. Donations can be made via the web, or if you prefer, you can send a check to Medical Missionaries, 9590 Surveyor Ct Manassas, VA 20110.
You might also consider supporting our work through a tax-free Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your retirement accounts. If you are completing long-range estate planning, please consider a gift to our endowment trust fund. For more information on these options and how you can help ensure the continuation of our work into future years, call us at (703) 335-1800, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the above address.
Once again, thank you for all the help, support, and prayers as we continue the ongoing effort to serve the very poor. Your donation makes a difference!
May God bless you and your family.
Gilbert R Irwin, MD
President, Medical Missionaries
P.S . Your donation reaches so many people! We would greatly appreciate your help!
Below are some pictures that represent the work that Medical Missionaries and its volunteers accomplished this year. For more information, click on the pictures and read our monthly newsletters. You can also subscribe to our newsletter.